Monday, April 27, 2009

Zygor Guides 3.1 Review

Every once in a while I’ll go back to revist a guide because things have changed so drastically or because it’s been a while since I’d left any information and a lot of people get stuck trying to find the right post entry and such. So today I’ll take a look at Zygor Guides 3.1 patch leveling guide. I have a history with this guide and out of all the guides I’ve tried inevitably I always come back to Zygor. So here’s the most up to date review of Zygor’s Guide. (You can get a 30 day trial HERE)

After having leveled several alts to 60, 70 and 80 I’ve come to one conclusion, leveling sucks. It’s hard, confusing, lonely work and I hate it. I hate it so much in fact that one day many moons ago I tried Zygor Guides at level 60 on my warrior and I’ve never looked back.

Levels 1-60 where fraught with many a wasted night looking for quests objectives, grinding out experience, and trying to use my rested experience as best I could. Even with tools like wowhead and thottbot I often found myself scratching my head in frustration while I went to go take out my frustration in a BG.

Who here has ever opened up their quest log to find it full of quests that you don’t even remember picking up?
Who here has ever opened up their quest log to see green or grey quests that you never got around to because you ventured off somewhere and outpaced the quest?
Who here has ever opened up their quest log to see “(Completed)”...but not necessarily know where to “complete” the quest?

I know I’d done each of these things many a time.

Once I got Zygor’s guide though it was like a veil lifted and I could enjoy the game. I know it sounds odd, but I actually enjoyed the game more because I was able to focus on playing the game and not wandering around aimlessly.

So what does zygor guides do exactly?
Well simply put it organizes your quest for you into a route. Rather than you doing quest haphazardly it lines out which quests to take and in what order to do them in.

How is this beneficial?
Simple, lets say you have 3 quests to do. We’ll call them quests 1, 2 & 3.

Normally without the guide you might do them in the order you got them in, but lets say that quests 1 & 3 are right next to eachother, by that I mean lets say you have to kill 2 types of mobs and they spawn in the same spot. Now lets say quest 2 is in the opposite direction of 1 & 3. Without a guide you might do quest 1, then walk clear over to quest 2, only to start quest 3 realizing you were RIGHT WHERE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE when you were doing quest 1.

Using Zygor Guides basically tells you, “hey don’t be an idiot, do quest 1 and 3 at the same time, then move on to quest 2.
Cool right?

Beyond telling you what order to do them in, Zygor actually gives you NOTES on the quest. Notes like, click on the box behind the desk, or the book is on the third shelf towards the back, or simply kill 10 of x, kill 10 of y.

If the cliff notes to the quest were enough Zygor has also included a BIG ARROW for the simpler people in the crowd (no offense because I use it religiously)

Don’t like arrows, how about markers on your map?

Zygor does all the leg work for you and lets you actually enjoy playing and learning your class.

Zygor is quickly updated for all patches including 3.1

All in all I can’t imagine playing a character now without Zygor Guides, in fact I recently when back and started a new warrior on a different realm and didn’t have Zygor selected in my add-ons. I’m a lazy guy so when I saw it wasn’t selected and I was already loaded I decided it would take to long to log off to load it (yes I’m that lazy) so I went on without it...for about 5 minutes and then I decided playing without it was like pulling my own teeth.

So out of a possible 10 points I would definitely give Zygor’s Leveling Guide a very solid 15.

If you want to check it out for yourself simply click the image below and get started:

No comments:

Post a Comment