Thursday, December 4, 2008

GM's and a Glitch

So this morning was a mixed blessing. I was able to get on and pump out 30+ steps on my leveling guide and get like 5-6 bars in about an hour. Right before I decide to log I figure I’ll finish up another quest or two by killing this lich lord guy in the Northern part of the Tundra Zone. I walk into the undead “temple” like structure and step on a hill leading to the second level and the next thing I know I’m like 10000 feet above the ground, so high in fact that I can’t even see the ground. I’m plummeting down fast and I’m angling so I’m heading north at break neck speeds. On the 1 hand I got exploration experience for most of the zone north of the tundra as when I finally died I was at the northern part of the next zone :) ON the other hand I when I released I was still in the tundra with my corpse nowhere in site on my map.

It just so happens that at that very moment a GM whispers me about a ticket I put in 2 days ago...talk about fate :)
GM: Hello Blackthought, how are you doing today
Blackthought (as I’m trying to locate my body on the map): it’s funny you should ask :)
GM: Oh and why is that?
Blackthought: Well because I just fell through the floor and into the sky.
GM: Ah I see, well then that is a problem isn’t it.
Blackthought: Yes it is, especially since I can’t seam to find my body.
GM: Have you checked (Zone Name)?
Blackthought: You know it didn’t occur to me as I was in Tundra when I died.
GM: Hmmm well that does make sense then. Tell me where you near the (Area name in Tundra)?
Blackthought: Well yeah it just so happens that I was.
GM: Yeah we’ve been having some trouble with that and they are working on fixing it.
Blackthought: Ah well it’s not all bad I did get some exp for exploration.:)
GM: HA! Well then it’s not an entire waste. So I wanted to check with you on your mailbox issue...

I tell him things are just fine now and he goesGM: Ok well Blackthought is there anything else I can do for you?
Blackthought: Again, Funny you should ask. My body is 20k yards from me in a zone I can’t get into because there’s a giant mountain in the way. I’ve recently used my hearth stone and the zone is well above my level...this is going to make both getting my body and walking back...well it’s going to suck. Is there any way you can res me? And if it’s not to much place an epic item in my mailboxJ
GM: LOL I’ll take care of the res as you DID fall through the ground into the sky. The epic you’ll have to work on though.
Blackthought: yeah well you can’t blame a guy for tryingJ Thanks for the res.

LOL GM’s are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment