Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gold in Northrend - Easy Northrend Gold Grinding Spot

UPDATE: Well now that 80 has arrived the next crucial thing is gear and gold. I went ahead and went the route of the “GOLD GUIDE” and tried a couple of them out. If you want a MONSTER of a gold guide then I highly recommend this guide. It is pretty much the TOP of wow gold guides and is easy to use and understand i'm sitting at about 6k gold after a little less than a week...not hardcore play time either. No grinding and such. If you're serious about making gold, or serious about getting that flying mount get your copy of Warcraft Wealth.

Getting gold in Northrend is like trying to hit the floor when you spit, that’s to say it’s pretty damn easy.

I’m by no stretch of the imagination a “GOLD MACHINE”, love machine maybe, but “gold Machine” I am not. BUT I’m finding that without doing dailies and just questing I can rake in about 150g in an hour and a half easy, keep in mind that’s not including the Cobalt Ore I’m selling at 2.5-3g a pop.

I decided to simply try to grind to see what the rate of gold was...I was pleasantly surprised. Right outside of WS Hold as you head out the main entrance there is a big “wall’ with spiders on it. Head up the ramps on that wall till you get to the area with moths and little troll type guys that shoot fire, Blood something harvesters or something like that, and you’ll be in what I like to call the gold zone. Between the moths and the harvesters and the various nodes out there I was hitting about 150g an hour there. The trick was LOOT EVERYTHING especially the greys. Sure it’s not the funnest thing in the world to do, but gold is gold. The kicker here was the amount of grey weapons (2-4g when sold to vendors), and the green drops (2-6g when sold to vendors) were dropping from the harvesters like they’d just robbed an armory. Also be sure to pick up the various crap grey items as well a stack of 20 will often sell for 2-4 gold.

I would still recommend questing as a means of getting gold as you can definitely make more money that way. But if you’re in the mood to just hit a few guys and make some gold try this spot out. The mobs are easy, they drop 10-20 silver per humanoid and then they drop any number of green and grey items you can vendor. PLUS you’re getting semi decent experience to a point. There are a few more of these area’s I will be dropping hear in the near future. After taking a holiday vacation from WOW I have some levels to quickly make up. I will say I went from 70-72.5 in a little under 10 hours with the help of Zygor Guides, bare in mind this was with spending some time in Nexus and a few other instances.

No comments:

Post a Comment